Paul Pogba Hits With Series of Interests

 

As Paul Pogba begins his countdown to his return from doping ban, he appears to have a couple of options on his mind, but still, there is one club he Hope's to return to next year. 

The midfielder is currently serving a doping ban and is ineligible to play following a failed doping test. However, he is free to start playing for Juventus from March next year following a successful appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

In his discussion with Kaveh Solhekol, he talked about his football ban, his previous thoughts of retirement, and his future plans as he closes in on a return to the game with Juventus in March 2025. 

He says "I take responsibility that I took the supplement and I did not triple check, even though it came from a professional doctor. If I have to be punished, I am fine with it, but it should never be four years. I will accept 12 months." 

The most eyebrow-raising statement was his desire to remain at the club, even if it means taking a wage cut. Nevertheless, Italian sources still expect him to find an agreement with the club over a contract termination before January. This would allow him to find a new club before he makes his return to action once his ban expires in March.

He continues: “I’m willing to take a salary cut to stay, I’m just thinking about training & playing for Juventus as I do not want Juve contract to be terminated."

Amongst clubs he believes he potentially can join upon his return to football is AC Milan, but for reasons best known to him, he would choose that direction. As for his former club, Manchester United, Pogba maintained his preferences and still considers the club as one of the best places to be. 

"I had so many problems. I did not have time to think of Manchester United. I needed to get rid of all my problems and play," he said. 

"I watch Manchester United and I still have team-mates there. They are still one of the biggest clubs in the world but I wasn't thinking about more stuff."


Comments