Kylian Mbappe Unveiled, To Wear no.9 Jersey As Real Madrid Player

 


Kylian Mbappe has been unveiled as a new Real Madrid player at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium in Madrid, sporting the attic number 9 jersey that had remarkably been worn by legends of the club such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, Ronaldo, Javier Saviola, and Roberto Soldado.

He said at his unveiling presentation at Santiago Bernabeu: "I will play wherever the coach (Ancelotti) makes me play. In Paris, I played in all three positions. In Monaco too. The important thing is to be in good physical shape. The position I will play in is a detail."

On his Brazilian teammate Vinicius, he added: "Vinicius is a unique player, a very great player. I will be very happy to play with him, as with all the other players. Great players know how to play together, I think. He has been incredible in recent seasons. It is up to me to adapt to the team. I will do it as quickly as possible to help the team win."

Mbappe has arguably, become one of the best players in the world from playing as a left-sided forward - both for PSG and France - and will remain in that position for Madrid. The 25-year-old Frenchman is very happy and ready to play whether or not they will key together.

At PSG, Mbappe wore the no 10 shirt, just like he does for France. But now he prefers the no 9 shirt at Madrid, allowing Modric to wear no. 10 for what could be his last season in Spain.

Mbappe also mentioned that he never demanded for the shirt saying "I’m honoured to play with Modrić. He’s a champion, a Ballon d’Or and I respect him so much”.


Ifeoluwa Dada, an enthusiast writer on sports, lifestyle and other related events. Also, a public relations member at FME

Comments