Liverpool Announced Jurgen Klopp Replacement, Will Start Role As Head Coach

 


Just days after former Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp bid his farewell to Anfield and played his last game with the team, the club has announced Arne Slot as the team's new coach on Monday. 

Liverpool finished third behind Arsenal and Manchester City, who defended the Premier League for the fourth time in a row. Klopp, however, had been firm on his decision to leave by the end of the season. 

"So, here I am. Last day in the office," said Klopp ahead of his final match against Wolves. "Obviously, I decide what I think until I get overwhelmed. I will leave this place today which is...Erm. An interesting experience, I would say." 

Slot will be replacing him on a three-year contract and will start his job from June 1. However, he will not be resuming as a manager but as the head coach which is different from the role his predecessors held at the club. 

The Dutch coach has never before had a coaching experience in the Premier and will be making his debut in the league with the Reds in the pre-season games in July according to a statement released by the club. 



Comments