French Open: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal Stamp Out Opponents To Reach Second Round

Novak Djokovic and Spaniard veteran Rafael Nadal busted out with straight sets win of their opening round match at Roland Garros.
World no. 1 won 80 per cent of his service points and claimed six break points to rout polish player Hubert Hurkacz in three sets 6-4, 6-2, 6-2.
"I like the fact that I haf a very good, quality opponent in the first round," said Djokovic "That gets me going with the right intensity from the start. I'm focused, I'm determined, and sharp from the blocks."
The Next Gen ATP final qualifier opened his record book against Djokovic in ATP Fedex series with a defeat - he could not have been better than he was at the opener against the world no. 1.
In earlier draw, Nadal who is vying for his 12th title, breezed past Yannick Hanfmann in three sets, 6-2, 6-1, 6-3.
In the next round, Djokovic is booked to meet Swiss player Henri Laaksonen and Nadal will take on Yannick Maden.

Comments